One of my goals for 2018 is to improve my current programming skill set. This is much easier said than done especially when your life involves full-time work and a toddler who demands A LOT of attention. I do end up doing my treehouse lessons at night when everyone is sound asleep. But it just does not feel like I am doing it enough, or that I am not learning fast enough.
Currently I have about 5 notebooks going, some with plans for career development, others for my projects for codeandpixelstudio, and one of many trello boards. Can anyone have too many ways of wanting to stay organized?! That would be this girl right here! There are a few key skills that are missing from my resume currently
- Object Oriented Programming
- Model View Controller Pattern
- Design Patterns on a whole
My goals for the rest of this year for my career are to
- Finish my PHP track on teamtreehouse
- Update my portfolio and site
- Marking off most of the things on my list before Christmas
- Actually publish more than 2 or 3 blog posts for the entire year
- Attend more developer meetups
Can’t Stop Won’t Stop!